The Learning Tree DVD Review

The Learning Tree
Available now for the first time on DVD exclusively from the Warner Archive!
Genre: Drama
Release Date: 2/1/11
Theatrical Release Date: 08/31/1969

Synopsis:
Remember that special growing-up year in your life? When you had your first real adventure, discovered love, faced an enemy, withstood the death of a loved one, stood up for a principle, backed a friend? Maybe, like Newt Winger’s growing-up year, it was all of them. A personal triumph for director-producer-writer-composer Gordon Parks (adapting his novel), The Learning Tree traces one watershed year in the life of young Newt (Kyle Johnson), in which he learns about love, fear, violent racial injustice and, during an emotional murder trial, his own capacity for honor. “Most important of all,” Parks said, “he learns that hating is a waste of valuable energy.” Poignant, passionate and powerful, The Learning Tree will make you smile, break your heart and heal your spirit.
The Learning Tree is a touching autobiographical story, one that I had never seen nor even heard of before just recently. I thought it was a very good movie, and I really enjoyed watching it as the story was moving and the cast (even though I wasn't familiar with any of the actors) was great. The film gives an insightful look into how life was for a young African-American growing up in the 20's/30's. It's a wonderful movie that I would highly recommend!

Connect with Warner Bros. Entertainment!

Buy it!
The Learning Tree can be purchased exclusively from WarnerArchive.com for $19.95.

Disclosure: Warner Bros. provided me with a copy of "The Learning Tree" on DVD at no cost to me for review purposes. I received no compensation for making this post. All opinions are my own.
Amy & Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Awesome Giveaways

Blog Design By:

Blog Stats & Stuff

Shopping  and Fashion
webbhotell Top Blogs Page RankMyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP